The easiest way to keep up to date is to register your details. If you are looking for something unusual or specific you may prefer to contact us. Alternatively, you can also visit our website at any time to view our available properties

Please note, for privacy and security we tend not to advertise all of our properties with 'To-Let' boards.
You can arrange a viewing by phone 01429 806554
We'll then arrange a convenient appointment to meet you at the property.
We can arrange evening and weekend viewings to suit.
Atterway will ask you to complete a simple application form, these are available online, or at our office.

On the application form we will need your personal information and details of your employer and previous Landlord. A name, address (or email address) and phone number.
All adult applicants must fill in an application form. If the property is being let on a Joint Tenancy such as a family or a couple, you can use a single form. Children living at the address should be named on the form. We cannot grant a Tenancy to anyone under 18 years of age due to Legal Restrictions.

Atterway realises that a CCJ (County Court Judgement) doesn't make someone a 'bad' Tenant. We only ask that CCJ's are declared on the application form. This is due to the referencing process as undisclosed CCJs will result in a declined application.
On some occasions a Guarantor will be required to back up your application. This would usually be where you haven't let a property before, if you're under 21 years of age, if you're a student, or if you are not working full time and not supported by the DSS.

If you are offered the opportunity to support your application by supplying a guarantor, your Guarantor must be in full time employment, a resident in the UK for the last 3 years and be a Homeowner.
Once your references have been returned to us, we'll then complete the paperwork and the Tenancy Agreements.

We'll contact you to arrange payment of the deposit and formally sign the agreements.
Depending on your timescales and availability of the property we can arrange for you to move in the next day, subject to references and payment of your first months Rent and Deposit if required.
A Tenancy Agreement is a legally binding document which details the obligations and responsibilities of the Tenant and the Landlord.

The majority of our Tenancies are ASTA's or Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement's which are recommended and compiled by ARLA.
Professional and Family lettings will be for a minimum of 6 months.
For Contractor Lettings this can be agreed on a week by week agreement or month by month

If you would like a longer agreement this can be organised. If you are new to letting property, new to an area, or moving in with someone for the first time we would always recommend a 6 month contract to give you the flexibility if things don't go quite to plan.
As a Landlord, we need some kind of Insurance (such as a deposit) to enable us to sleep well at night, in the knowledge that, if a Tenant doesn't meet their obligations within the Tenancy Agreement such as maintaining the cleanliness and condition of the property, then at least the deposit may cover some of the issues.

A deposit equal to one Month’s rent is required on all properties before you move in. This will be held with a government backed deposit protection Account. We use the DPS.

Alternatively some Landlords are willing to take the deposit in instalments however this is down to the landlord and will vary from property to property.
Pets can sometimes be allowed in our managed properties, in all circumstances the Tenant must gain permission in writing from the Agent or the Landlord prior to a pet being introduced to the property.

If the Landlord accepts a Pet at the property, we may charge a 'deep-clean payment' to cover additional damage, cleaning and fumigation at the end of the Tenancy.
We always strongly recommended Contents Insurance.

Tenants should review any existing policies when renting a property as some standard insurance products may place restrictions on cover for rented property.

Our recommended local insurer
A landlord, in very general terms, has a legal responsibility to repair the structure and exterior of the property, including drains, gutters and external pipes; to keep in working order the installations for the supply of gas, electricity and water; and, for the installations for the provision of space and water heating.

The landlord also has other legal responsibilities relating to the safety of such items as gas, electricity and furnishings as well as the general standard or fitness of the property for habitation.

A tenant has an implied covenant to act in a "tenant-like manner". This means to report disrepair promptly; to take reasonable steps to ensure that neither the tenant nor guests damage the property, its fixtures and fittings; to do the minor day to day things any home-occupier would normally do e.g. replace light bulbs, fit a new battery in a smoke or CO2 detector, tighten an odd screw which has come loose on a door handle; to keep the property reasonably warm and aired to help prevent condensation or freezing of pipes; to leave the property secure when absent from it; to keep the garden and other areas reasonably tidy and free from rubbish and water flowing through pipes to prevent stagnant water.
The law around ending a tenancy is relatively straightforward as long as the right timescales and procedures are followed, along with the use of the correct format of notice. It is recommended that you end your agreement properly if you want to leave. If you don't you may still be liable to pay rent, even after you've moved out. To do this, you have to give written notice to the landlord. You may not be able to end the agreement early if you have signed for a tenancy for a fixed period of time.
There are only limited ways in which this can happen; the landlord cannot make the tenants move out, nor can the tenants lawfully walk away from their obligations to fulfil the contract. Either party might request of the other that a formal "surrender" of the tenancy be allowed. It would then be up to the parties to agree the terms and conditions of such a surrender. This might include some financial compensation for inconvenience or costs incurred.
Walking away or posting the keys through the letterbox is called 'abandonment' and will not end your agreement. Your agreement with the landlord will continue even though you've left and the landlord can continue to charge you rent, so you're likely to build up rent arrears: if your agreement is fixed term, you can be charged rent until the term ends if your agreement is periodic, you can be held liable until the agreement could have been ended by giving proper notice. The landlord can apply for a court order to make you pay what you owe. The court will decide whether you should have to pay your landlord the money or not.
This happens to the best of us, it is recommended that if you loose your keys you contact the agent to arrange to get the locks changed, this maybe done by the tenant however a copy of the key should be given to the landlord and agent, this will be done at the Tenants expense. If you have locked yourself out of the and only need to arrange for the door to be open this can be done through the agent or an approved company, costs will occur for call outs.

Recommended Locksmith Steron Locksmiths 01429 234344